We currently offer our program in 3-month long sessions. Each program is offered in a different international location. Attendance is never mandatory but we do not offer discounts for partial sessions.
Our Daily Rhythm
The World School is inspired by principles of self-direction learning and democratic schools and so as a result, each child's experience of the day may be different, depending on their individual needs and interests and how they choose to use their time. We have a general structure for the day but what happens within that framework will evolve over time in response to the needs, views and interests of the group.
Typical Daily Framework
- 9:00: School Starts at the Nature Location - Students arrive, settle in, and ‘sit spot’.
- 9:30-10:30: Nature exploration
- 10:30: Snack and Story Time
- 10:30 - 11:45: Nature exploration
- 11:45-12:00: Students move from Nature Location to School Building
- 12-12:30: Lunch
- 12:30 - 1:15: First Workshop - Students have the opportunity for free play, art, or participation in the first offered workshop of the day.
- 1:15 - 2:00: Second Workshop - Students have the opportunity for free play, art, or participation in the second offered workshop of the day
- 2:00: Parent Pickup
The organised workshops and activities will be a combination of subjects instigated by the children and facilitators, on a rolling basis with new proposals and offerings introduced regularly - every 4 weeks. Throughout the day the children can, if they want, choose to be entirely independent in what they do, and not participate in the organised activities - they design their own day.
Workshops are offered or requested by teachers, students, or parents and example workshops include:
- Art Techniques
- Math Games
- Beach Science